Accounts Payable Assistant - Contract
An exciting new opportunity to join the finance team of the leading Aparthotel provider in Europe has arisen.
Staycity provides a fun, fast paced & committed team orientated culture with a strong work hard, play hard ethos. Our central Finance team support our 450 (and growing) colleagues across Ireland, UK, France, Italy & Germany.
Our focus is on quality, accuracy, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a bright and talented full-time Accounts Payable Assistant to join us on a 6 month contract.
Competitive package and flexible working hours.
- Management of PO database
- Perform data quality control checks on PO requests to ensure they are compliant with internal procedures and policies
- Identifying errors with requisitions and offering training and support as required
- Being a point of contact for our Finance and Operations teams
- Ensuring PO database is regularly reviewed and updated so data is accurate
- Regularly communicating with Managers regarding Capital Expenditure Requests
- Requesting approval, and ensuring it is received in a timely manner
- Working closely with AP Manager on continuous improvement initiatives for AP
- Management of a high-volume shared mailbox in addition to personalised mailbox
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Performing vendor account reconciliations and other month end closing activities
- Assisting with invoicing tasks and other ad-hoc duties
- Comfortable with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, etc)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with large databases
- Good time management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Sense of ownership and curiosity to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks
- Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics (NAV) a bonus
- Preferred: Basic accounting knowledge (familiar with the concepts of purchase orders, accruals, invoicing)