Director of Sales Liverpool/Manchester
The Director of Sales for Liverpool & Manchester at Staycity will be a key member of Staycity’s commercial leadership team reporting to the Director of Sales UK.
In this regard, the Director of Sales Liverpool/Manchester drives a group of functions that are critical to the overall commercial performance of Staycity. The decisions taken by professionals in his/her group, both long-term and minute-by-minute, significantly influence Staycity’s current and future profitability.
This role is based in either Liverpool or Manchester but travel between both properties will be needed.
Essential attributes for success include:
· Strong leadership skills, which will have been gained whilst working in a similar role or as a multi property BDM or Sales Manager.
· Creativity, innovation and business acumen to develop, co-ordinate and implement programmes to increase profitable sales in all product areas.
· Well-developed analytical skills and curiosity, with the ability to monitor and identify current and future business trends to ensure profitable sales in periods of low and high demand, as well as understanding the different needs of market segments and implementing appropriate strategies to maximise sales and profitability.
· Experience and confidence in contract evaluations and negotiations, in particular displacement analysis and reviewing the most profitable business mix per property per room type.
· Forecasting skills, ensuring consistent awareness of current and forecasted business performance, responding as required.
· Commitment to attending recognised industry events and roadshows.
· Engage with on-property sales and operations teams, nurturing relationships and collaborating to provide the best guest experiences.
· Engage with head office revenue team to ensure best practices with regards to segmentation mix and negotiations.
· Excellent presentation skills.
Knowledge of the following systems is an advantage but not essential – Salesforce, Opera PMS, Ideas G3, PowerPoint, MS Office
If you would like to discuss the position in more detail just drop an email to [email protected] who will be happy to discuss the role with you in more detail.