Frontend Web Developer
We are looking for an enthusiastic web developer that can manage, improve and expand our website(s). This role covers many aspects of running our web presence, from SEO, content, web design, mobile, coding integrations, tracking, server management and more. It is a perfect role for candidates that are comfortable with different aspects and skills related to web development.
This role is a temporary contract covering sick leave.
- Working with business analysts and internal teams to ensure that features are being developed and supported with wireframes and other visual supports
- Designing and developing system application UIs based on current trends, using efficient, secure and clear code, following industry and company standards
- Improving overall user experience on company products
- Working on mobile, tablet and desktop solutions
- Monitoring and managing website uptime and performance
- Helping with website conversion and analytics
- Designing and testing pages on different browsers/devices/clients
- 3+ years professional experience in front end web development
- Proficient with writing clean, performant HTML5 and CSS3 code
- Strong responsive design experience (also through custom CSS, not a framework).
- You think in mobile-first terms
- Proficient with WordPress (WP) administration and custom-theme development
- Strong knowledge of ACF in WP
- Strong PHP and MySQL skills and understanding for WP and templating development.
- Experience in website administration and management through control panels, such as CPanel, Plesk, or similar, and configuring sites, domains, databases, SSLs, SSH access, backups etc.
- Understanding of page performance importance and related techniques
- Experience with version control, such as SVN or Git
- Experience with Google Analytics, Hotjar, or similar analytics tools and how to use data to make design decisions
- Experience owning the process at handoff from design/marketing to live deployment
The preferred candidate also has:
- Experience with design tools such as Photoshop and creative skills
- Knowledge of WPML localisation and managing/maintaining multilingual website
- Experience with 3rd-party RESTful APIs and how to parse and manipulate data.
- Strong testing and QA abilities
- Experience with SEO on page optimizations
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, custom events, tags, triggers
- Any further experience with popular CSS and JS frameworks (Vue, React, Angular, Bootstrap, Foundation, etc)