Staycity has a rapid expansion program planned and is seeking to recruit an experienced mid-level Interior Designer to join its Design Team on an initial 6 month contract. Reporting to the Head of Design and Senior Interior Architect, you will be responsible for assisting with the coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Strong presentation skills and competent drafting ability is a must.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist with projects from inception to completion along with the space planning of all new schemes (Guest Rooms, FOH etc)
- Prepare design presentations under the direction of the design team
- Prepare 3D and 2D hand-drawn sketches, renders and diagrams
- Prepare 3D and 2D software-drawn sketches, renders and diagrams
- Prepare finishes, materials and design packages
- Develop design scheme information for the pre-construction stages
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external disciplines
WHO YOU ARE
- You'll have a minimum of 3 years' experience and be motivated to achieve the highest quality output of design and documentation necessary for the execution of multiple projects running simultaneously.
- You will need to be highly creative, a problem solver, have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, hardworking, and thrive working as a member of a team.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture, Architecture or Interior Design. Minimum 3 years working experience background in fit-out related business
- Essential you are proficient in AutoCad, Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop & InDesign
- Have a working understanding of joinery detailing and construction
- Knowledge of Irish, UK, and EU building regulations, design standards and how to apply them
- Demonstrate experience in selecting and preparing bespoke FF&E Schedules for the hospitality interior design industry.
- Ability to work within project budgets and deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus scheme
Contract length: 12 months